enquiry@stpaulsadvice.org.uk 0117 955 2981

St Pauls Advice Centre

Friendly, local and here to help


How is St Pauls Advice Centre funded?

The advice centre is funded from a range of sources. This is constantly changing as fundraising is an important element of the work we have to do. Click here for a list of our current funders.

How do I know I will receive quality advice?

St Pauls Advice Centre holds the Advice Quality Standard. This means we have to comply with national standards which regulate the quality of advice. All our advisers work to these standards and our work is monitored and independently audited to ensure we comply. However, if for any reason you are dissatisfied with our service then you can let us know by following our complaints and suggestions procedure.

Who runs St Pauls Advice Centre?

The advice centre is a registered charity and limited company. It is governed by a board of trustees (management committee). The board of trustees are local people or people interested and committed to ensuring the continued delivery of a community legal advice agency. You can find out about our current board members here. If you are interested in finding out more about becoming a trustee, click here.

I need to know more about your service, how can I contact you?

Please click here to find our contact details.

I am a landlord, can you advise me?

No, we cannot advise landlords and would recommend you find a private solicitor. Click here to find a solicitor.

Can you represent me in court or at a tribunal?

Yes, we provide a specialist advice service on welfare befit issues and can help you prepare your case for 1st and 2nd tier tribunal. We may also be able to provide representation. We do not usually provide help at court or other tribunals such as employment tribunals, although we will take your case as far as we can and refer you to a more specialist service if available and necessary.

What legal issues do you deal with?

We specialise in benefit, debt and immigration advice where we are able to provide specialist casework, practical help and advocacy. If we are unable to help, we will point you in the right direction. Click here to find out more about our services.

How do I get to the advice centre?

The advice centre is based in St Pauls, Bristol and we provide services from our main office and a range of outreach locations. Please click here for more information about how to find us.

Is the advice independent?

Yes, our advice is completely independent and impartial. This is regulated through the Advice Quality Standard

Is the advice confidential?

All our services are completely confidential. Your case details and any data we keep will not be shared with anybody else unless you authorise us to do so.

Do I have to pay anything?

No, all our advice services are completely free and you will never be charged. However, in rare cases, you may need to pay for evidence to support your case where this is required, such as from a doctor, consultant or other third party who may charge for this.

Can I make an appointment?

Yes, you may be able to make an appointment to see an adviser, however, there are very few available. You may find it easier and quicker to drop in to one of our advice sessions (more details) but if you wish to find out about appointment availability please contact our reception service on 0117 955 2981.

Can I just drop in to get advice?

Yes, we provide drop-in advice sessions from our main office and a range of outreach locations. Click here for more information about our service.

How can I make a suggestion about how the service can be improved?

At St Pauls Advice Centre we aim to offer a high standard, professional service, however we are interested in your views as to how we could improve. To make a suggestion please read the following guide: suggestions & complaints leaflet or you could make your suggestion using our online form

I am dissatisfied with the service I have received, what can I do?

At St Pauls Advice Centre we aim to offer a high standard, professional service, however if you are dissatisfied with the service you have received you can make a complaint. Details of our complaints process can be found here: suggestions & complaints leaflet and you can make your complaint using our online contact form